A wheelbarrow is a type of vehicles that are meant to carry out with loads inside it. In general, it is a one wheeled vehicle but some of them are two-wheelers. It is a hand-propelled vehicle specifically planned to be pushed by a single person. There are two handles at the rear. The user can use those to push this. The word barrow is derived from the English word bearwe – means a machine which can transmit heavy loads. The best wheelbarrow is mostly used for garden works. Some heavy stuff which people cannot carry by them, a wheelbarrow is the best solution.
Table of Contents
- 1. WORX Aerocart Multifunction 2-Wheeled Yard Cart
- 2. Gorilla Carts GOR866D Heavy-Duty Garden Poly Dump Cart
- 3. Marathon Dual-Wheel Residential Yard Rover Wheelbarrow
- 4. Jackson M6T22 6 Cubic foot Steel Tray Contractor Wheelbarrow
- 5. Wheelzbarrow Three Tire Wheelbarrow
- 6. Polar Trailer 8376 Utility Cart
- 7. Seymour WB-JR Poly Tray Lightweight Childrens Size Wheelbarrow
- 8. Lifetime 65034 Two Wheel Wheelbarrow
- 9. Ames True Temper 8 Cubic Foot Poly Tray Dual Wheel Contractor Wheelbarrow
- 10. Bosmere W302 Folding Wheelbarrow
- How many types of wheelbarrows are there?
- Wheelbarrow buying guide
- Why is the wheelbarrow important?
1. WORX Aerocart Multifunction 2-Wheeled Yard Cart
This WORX Aerocart provides multi-functionality as the name suggests. You can easily convert it into a cart from the wheelbarrow. It is capable to load up to 300lb of weight and a tub with approximately 3 cubic feet of capacity. So, it is an ideal choice for moving loads of rocks, woods, bricks or pile of dirt you need to haul out. This wheelbarrow weights around 48lb so it is capable enough to perform most of the yard jobs and you can chunk on it.
- It is a convertible device which you can convert into a dolly, potted plant remover, cylinder holder, bag holder, mesh rock mover and more instantly.
- The tires are oversized and never require inflating.
- Comes with a balanced center of gravity so you can easily adjust and manage your heavy stuff.
- It has a tub capacity of 300lbs which is pretty good to manage household works.
- The steel-structure needs less maintenance and provides durability.
- The ergonomic lift design makes you feel a 200lb weight like just 17lb.
- You can carry out your flower pots, small trees, mulch bags, straw bales and other improper shaped items in the fold-out extension arms, up to 80lb.
- If you have low storage space in your house, this model is not perfect for you.
2. Gorilla Carts GOR866D Heavy-Duty Garden Poly Dump Cart
It is specifically designed to carry out stuff around the yard at the time of landscape and garden projects. It is easy-cleaning, time-saving and fatigue-reducing device.
- This heavy-duty garden cart has an added feature of patented quick-release dump provision. It helps you to unload your stuff fast and easy.
- The black finished steel structure provides low-maintenance, durability and it also can protect rust.
- It has the 40-inch by 25-inch rust-resistant poly bed which provides enough space to load and also protects from the harsh weather.
- This wheelbarrow is consists of large tires – 13-inch tires. These tires are capable of tackling any kind of terrain whether an uneven or rocky surface, or may be extremely hot or cold weather, it can perform as well.
- These handle is convertible. You can hook-up them behind a lawn tractor or ATV.
- It weighs 58.6 pounds and has the height of 25 inches. So, it is an easily manageable wheelbarrow.
- This wheelbarrow has 1200 pound hauling capacity. You can carry out bricks, rocks, rubbish and other dirt with it wherever you want.
- A 1-year warranty is provided by the manufacturer.
- It does not have comfortable handle with cushioned padding. Pulling or pushing by your hand will not be an easy task.
3. Marathon Dual-Wheel Residential Yard Rover Wheelbarrow
This wheelbarrow is the best wheelbarrow for household use. This yard rover is easier to use than the standard vehicles. It weighs less than others so you can easily haul the same amount of stuff with less effort. It does not require floor storage. You can hang it up with the looped handle on the wall of your garage.
- It has a tray with 5 cubic capacities and can load up to 300lb. dump anything you want and the special design makes it easier to haul.
- The tray is poly-made but rust-resistant. So it is durable.
- It does not require any complex tool to assemble and install. You just need a crescent wrench and a flathead screwdriver.
- It is a dual-wheeled barrow which makes it easier to balance, lift and maneuver.
- The handles are designed to hold, push and pull with maximum balance. It is consists of a cushioned loop handle. Cushion pad provides you the maximum comfort.
- It is just 29 pounds of weight which makes this about 25% less weighed than the standard wheelbarrow.
- The tires are air-filled. So, you need to check and maintain the air pressure sometimes needs to inflate.
4. Jackson M6T22 6 Cubic foot Steel Tray Contractor Wheelbarrow
As the name suggests it is meant for contractors. This wheelbarrow is not ideal for household use.
- This contractor wheelbarrow has a tray with 6 cubic foot capacity. Anything needed to haul, bricks, rocks and a pile of dirt and other types of rubbish can be loaded here.
- This tray is made of heavy gauge seamless and heavy duty steel. So, it is rust-proof and requires low-maintenance. These two features ensure durability.
- This is a one wheeled barrow with a 16-inch large tube tire. So, it is maneuverable and dumping stuff is really simple.
- It has an “H” shaped brace, steel cross strips and leg shoes. This configuration provides easy access to hold, carry and haul stuff.
- Includes steel undercarriage with roll bars on the front of the vehicle.
- It has 48.6 pounds of weight. It is easily movable in the narrow places.
- The tube tire does not provide maximum durability compared to the steel tires.
- One wheeler barrow needs more effort to push and balance the loaded stuff onto it.
- The center of gravity is not balanced like the multiple wheeled barrows. Armature users may face difficulties to use this.
5. Wheelzbarrow Three Tire Wheelbarrow
This is the most user-friendly and the most versatile wheelbarrow. It can lower the aches and pains.
- It is a three-wheeled barrow which provides more stability on the wheels. The two rear wheels allow the barrow to spin up to 360 degrees.
- These wheels are pneumatic. So, it is very easy to pump-up. You can use your wheelbarrow on the rocky surfaces.
- This wheelbarrow allows you proper balance and you don’t need to lift it up.
- It comes with a rear mounted breaking system. With this system, you can use this securely on the inclined surface.
- The tray of this wheelbarrow has a capacity of 6 cubic foot. There is enough loading space for stuff you need to haul. Any type of items you want to heave on is really simple for this wheelbarrow.
- This tray is made of heavy-duty steel and it is a heavy gauge steel stay. So, it provides durability for a long time.
- This tray is easy to clean and requires low-maintenance.
- You need to check and maintain the air pressure regularly and have to inflate according to the requirement to prevent the tires from going flat.
6. Polar Trailer 8376 Utility Cart
It is a two-wheeler barrow. Unlike other vehicles, it has large spoke tires sized in 20 inches. It looks like a bicycle. Those tires are actually solid rubber tires.
- The tub is made of the high impact polythene. So, it can resist rust. It is also durable like the other metal-made tubs.
- The tub is significantly huge in size compared to the other standard wheelbarrows. The load capacity is 10 cubic feet. You can throw into it anything you want to remove from your territory. It is a perfect hauling gear.
- It is a lightweight wheelbarrow. So you can easily lift it up and balance it on your own. The center of gravity acts nicely on it. Carrying things out and emptying those has become really simple task for it.
- It has loop handles. These handles are designed to provide the maximum balance to hold, grip, push and pull the wheelbarrow.
- This handle is covered with a cushion so the user gets the utmost comfort while holding it.
- The solid rubber tires are not as durable as the metal tires.
- The polythene made tub may not last long as the high quality steel-made tubs last.
7. Seymour WB-JR Poly Tray Lightweight Childrens Size Wheelbarrow
This is the best wheelbarrow among the lightweight vehicles as the name suggests. It is perfect for the child use. Those who love to play outside with their wheelbarrow must have this Seymour junior wheelbarrow.
- The tray is made of high-density polythene. It is corrosion proof and thus provides durability.
- The rugged red tray has front tray braces which are made of steel. So they are very strong to provide stability while moving the barrow. It can maintain the utmost balance.
- It is one-wheeler vehicle. The wheel is made of solid rubber. This is the most maneuverable and very easy to dump your stuff. Children can enjoy and experience the real thing with this wheelbarrow.
- The red rubber wheel has steel axle and ball bearings to move smoothly on different types of surfaces from the normal surface to the uneven. The sturdy steel legs are capable of holding up to the rough treatment.
- The hardwood handles are easy to grip.
- This Seymour junior poly wheelbarrow has a steel cross break for an additional stability. This makes it effortless to move on to the inclined surface.
- A single wheel cannot balance the barrow as the multiple wheelers do.
8. Lifetime 65034 Two Wheel Wheelbarrow
It serves you a lifetime and will lighten your workload throughout the life.
- This two-wheeler wheelbarrow is consists of two heavy duty treaded wheels. The wide base of the wheels and low center of gravity is the main advantage of it.
- The tub is constructed of 100% post-consumer recycled material. It is rust-resistant and can consume heavyweights.
- This tub can hold up to 550lb and have 6.5 cubic feet of heaping capacity. This size says that it is pretty good for hauling things ranging from ricks, bricks, soils, garbage and other stuff like these.
- The front of the tub is tapered so the dumping becomes easier.
- This vehicle has the steel frame which is made of high-quality metal. The steel is coated with one kind of water-resistant powder. It can battle with the harshest elements of the climate.
- Due to the ingenious design, it transfers the 85% load to the wheels and you have to carry about just 15% of the total weight.
- The manufacturer provides you 2 years of warranty period.
- The tub is not durable as the high-quality steel tubs are. You may have to replace it after a certain time.
9. Ames True Temper 8 Cubic Foot Poly Tray Dual Wheel Contractor Wheelbarrow
This is the best wheelbarrow for construction sites. These are often used to make a mixture of cement with other building materials. They are used to carry out stones, bricks, cement and other heavy stuff.
- It is a heavy duty contractor wheelbarrow.
- This is a two-wheeler barrow. Two 16 inch large pneumatic wheels are assembled with it. You can inflate it just like the bicycle tires. These tires work as the shock-absorber. If you are trying to push it on the hard or rock surfaces, the best it will serve to you.
- This comes with a ball bearing feature which makes each and every move smoother.
- The tray is made of high-quality polythene which can prevent rust.
- The tray is lightweight and very easy to clean.
- It comes with two hardwood handles. These handles provide extra grip to the operator.
- It comes in three parts which are very easy to assemble. You just need simple tools to join those parts
- The hardwood handle may cause discomfort and pain to the user.
- The pneumatic wheels need to maintain and inflate on a regular basis. Otherwise, the tires may go flat.
10. Bosmere W302 Folding Wheelbarrow
It is a folded wheelbarrow. If you have a shortage of space you can opt for this one. You can simply hang on a wall or can place it in any small corner of your garage.
- It is one wheeler. The wheel is made of solid rubber tire. According to maneuverability and stability, it serves you the best. Also, this tire never deflates.
- Since it is foldable it is consists of a polyester bag with a wipe clean surface. This is a PVC backed bag. So, it is strong to carry out for hauling.
- The polyester bag comes with three small storage pockets. You can store small tools and equipment necessary for the garden work.
- The highly durable steel has been used to build up the wheelbarrow frame. It is corrosion proof and can resist other harsh environmental elements.
- The two straight handles are meant for hold tight. Those handles are covered with pads so the operator feels comfortable while gripping it.
- The polyester bag needs a replacement after a certain use. It cannot provide the higher range of durability as the steel trays provide.
- It is meant for small household carriage. Tons of loads cannot be heaped on it.
How many types of wheelbarrows are there?
The best wheelbarrow can be chosen depending on the number of wheels, materials and the tire types.
Number of wheels:
One-wheeler – this classic wheelbarrow is the most maneuverable and very simple to dump stuff, but needs more strength to use it.
Two-wheeler – more stable than the single wheel. You can load much heavier and unbalanced stuff into it. It is inconvenient when you want to use it on an inclined surface. These types are not as maneuverable as the previous one.
Types of tire
Pneumatic: these are consists of the internal air-filled tube. This can be pump up just like the bicycle tires. It can perform as shock-absorber. It is best for the rocks and stair to wheel on. Checking and maintaining the air pressure on a regular basis to prevent from going flat, is a big disadvantage of it.
Semi-neumatic – these types of wheels have built-in air pockets. These pockets have shock absorption power so you can go without air-pump.
Non-neumatic – These types of tires are made of solid rubber and no need to insert air tube inside it. Lower maintenance is the advantage of this. This serves best on the rough territory, an area covering with cactus and in an extremely hot weather. ,
Steel: According to perform heavy jobs and durability this is the best one. It is strongly made and won’t crack in a chilled weather. If you paint it you can control the rust.
Also Read – Best Garden Hose Reviews
Plastic: it is lighter than the steel but can easily handle the light garden work and can transport lightweight. It may get cracked and thus won’t last for a long time but it costs less.
Motorized – it can transport heavy loads very easily. But it is expensive compared to the others. If something gets damaged, it is difficult to replace that.
Wheelbarrow buying guide
You should consider the following factors while buying a wheelbarrow. Selecting the best wheelbarrow will be easy for you.
- You should choose your wheelbarrow according to the tub size, whether you want to transport heavy loads or simple garden stuff. The size varies from one to the other.
- Various wheelbarrows with various types of capacity 300lb, 400lb, 500 lb and more. You must assess the capacity if it can properly serve your requirements at all.
- Assembling a wheelbarrow is important. You must check if it is easy to assemble or requires an additional person to complete it.
- If you have a storage problem in your household, you should go for the convertible and folded ones. Otherwise, conventional wheelbarrows are tending to be big and require a lot more storage space.
- Some wheelbarrows provide multi-functionality. It is better for you if your wheelbarrow can be used for the plant removing cart or the cylinder holder.
- The tires of the wheelbarrow are very important. If you require a wheelbarrow for often use, you should go for the steel tires which need low maintenance and provide long durability.
- First, make your mind about the purpose of the use. A wide array of wheelbarrows is available here. You have to pick up the best one for your need.
- The material of a wheelbarrow is mostly plastic or steel. Generally, steel made tubs are more durable than the plastic/poly made ones. Plastics tubs may also last longer, but they should be limited in the home use.
- The best wheelbarrow should provide the best stability to load, with the most effective center of gravity.
- A Comfortable pair of handle is necessary to grip. The handle is the steering of this vehicle. So, it will be better for you to choose a wheelbarrow with cushioned padded handle.
Why is the wheelbarrow important?
A wheelbarrow is designed for a single person. In the earlier days, it was used only for the garden work. But nowadays it is vastly used on construction sites, agricultural sites and household work too. In general, wheelbarrow has made a complex task simpler especially, the carrying out and dumping jobs. Often times you have a huge heap of debris need to remove from your place. In spite of hiring a carrying person, you can accomplish this job by your own. Just buy a wheelbarrow. Voila!! You are now an expert finisher.
Related – Best Garden Hose Reviews
A durable and easy to move wheelbarrow will serve you a lifetime. It will save your cost, time and energy. You will be able to perform better. Just figure out on which purpose do you need a wheelbarrow. Are you going to use it on your small garden? Is it required for your agricultural farm? Are you going to use the wheelbarrow in any commercial field or for the construction purpose? Now, select the best wheelbarrow serving the best to you.
Using a wheelbarrow you can remove all the debris, dead leaves, mulch and other dirt from your garden.
- If you want to remove bricks, stones, concrete slab mostly the construction garbage, the heavy-duty wheelbarrow is the best wheelbarrow for your use.
- Sometimes, wheelbarrows are of multi-functional types. You can transform it as a dolly, cylinder holder, plant remover etc. so you can perform different types of household jobs with this.
- At the construction site, carrying and storing building materials has become easier.
- If you use a wheelbarrow, you don’t need to be dependent on any person to get your garden jobs done.
- You can use a wheelbarrow on your agricultural farm. You will now easily carry your composts, seeds, plants and farming tools around the territory.