If you follow the latest trends in fitness training and exercises, you must have heard about Zumba. It was originally started by a Colombian choreographer and professional dancer Alberto Perez in the ‘90s. This high-energy dance form soon became a craze among fitness enthusiasts because of its capacity to increase fitness quickly. It is very easy to perform. You will probably need only a few days to learn the basic steps from your trainers, and then you can go about your classes easily.
However, Zumba is primarily a whole-body exercise regime which requires you to be very active and mobile. You will also need the right clothing and footwear to perform your moves and not hurt yourself. Given below is a compiled list of the 10 best Zumba shoes from leading fitness footwear manufacturers. Read through to make a hassle-free purchase before you hit the studio.
Table of Content
- How to Choose Best Zumba Shoes?
- Top 10 Zumba Shoes Reviews
- 1. RYKA Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe
- 2. PUMA Women’s Cell Riaze Cross-Training Shoe
- 3. RYKA Women’s Exertion Shoe
- 4. ASICS Women’s Rhythmic 2 Cross Training Shoe
- 5. Capezio Women’s DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker
- 6. RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoe
- 7. Zumba Women’s Impact Max Dance Shoe
- 8. Bloch Women’s Boost Dance Sneaker
- 9. Reebok Women’s Hayasu Training Shoe
- 10. PUMA Women’s Anaida Lace Metallic Slip-On Dance Sneaker
- Where to buy zumba shoes?
- How are zumba shoes different?
How to Choose Best Zumba Shoes?
Zumba is a very high-energy and high-impact dance workout routine. Typically, it is performed over moderately long sessions. This is because the calorie shedding effect of Zumba is huge! An hour-long session is enough workout for a day. Because of this reason, beginners face a lot of fatigue-related injuries while performing Zumba. However, this can be avoided if you take one basic precaution – choosing the best Zumba shoes. High quality shoes will effectively protect your feet from fatigue, during your workout sessions. Before you buy a shoe advertised for cross-training or dance workouts, make sure you consider whether it meets the following criteria:
It is made of lightweight and breathable material on the upper side – Your feet will sweat a lot during Zumba sessions. So you need to ensure the shoes have proper ventilation and sweat outlets. This will protect against smelly feet and partly against fatigue as well!
The sole is made of expandable and easily compressible material – You will learn to bend and arch your feet, land on your feet after jumps and do high-splits. This will only be possible if the training shoe that you are wearing has a sole with good elasticity. Try to choose shoes from reputed leading producers. These have energy-return technologies to restore theshape of the shoes immediately after a bending or arching movement.
Also Read – Best Spin Bikes Review and Buying Guide
The midsole and inner sole have compact fillings of foam or other material – Most sports shoes have EVA foam, which is good protective and supportive material for your feet. However, shoes from some leading producers incorporate innovative technologies or even completely different filling material. These innovative materials ensure greater support and protection for the soles of your feet. Try to read up about the technologies that were used in producing the shoe.
Top 10 Zumba Shoes Reviews
1. RYKA Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe
RYKA is one of the leading producers of fitness clothing, footwear, and accessories. The RYKA Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe has been designed specifically for high-energy active fitness training. It has been manufactured by incorporating a number of top-end technologies. These technologies ensure flexibility and balance while performing exercises. Zumba is one of the foremost high-impact exercises.
It requires you to maintain both body balance and flexibility. For this reason, the RYKA Cross Training shoe has a Pivot Point traction technology that allows you to balance yourself easily. It has a narrow heel and broad fore foot build that is specifically suitable for women. In addition, there is a padded footbed that protects against jump impacts.
- An improved instep volume that ensures you are sure-footed with every step.
- Soft rubber sole with cushioning for better protection.
- Flex-Foil and Direct-Fuse technologies to ensure your feet have better all-around
- Dual-impact withstanding midsole for even distribution of landing impact.
- Innovative and catchy footprint-like design for theoutermost
- Made of synthetic fabric, which ensures that the shoe dries quickly after a wash.
- Comes in a variety of color choices: pick whichever suits your choice and make your Zumba outfit stylish!
2. PUMA Women’s Cell Riaze Cross-Training Shoe
Puma is famed for designing stylish as well as effective sportswear which gives you that extra oomph over your peers in the gym. The PUMA Women’s Cell Riaze Cross-Training Shoe comes primarily in white with only two highlight colors. It looks as good as it works! Having an incorporated Cell technology, these shoes completely rule out foam from midsole and instep support areas.
This effectively helps maintain balance while making the most active moves in Zumba. It also ensures that you are not thrown off-balance while jumping or splitting. The Polyurethane Elastomer cells also increase active life of your shoe. Since theydo not lose shape easily, they will continue supporting the high impact movements that you make. You can use these shoes for far longer than any other standard sports shoe.
- Greater stability and comfort with Puma’s innovative Cell technology.
- Specifically for women; has a wider foot and tapering heel for the perfect fit.
- Also, incorporates EVA and Bubble technologies to ensure stability.
- Longer active life than most training shoes. No foam that might lose shape.
- Mesh and fused synthetics for a more snug fit and comfortable wear.
- Comes in two stunning color combinations with white as the primary color.
3. RYKA Women’s Exertion Shoe
The third product on this list is again from RYKA. It features a molded rubber EVA sole and flexible textile inner lining for better breathing room for your feet. It is specially designed for fitness training in studios, which includes Zumba sessions as well. The shoes are made using Ortholite technology to ensure that you do not suffer injuries.
The intricate joints and small bones in your feet are protected while moving. These shoes also incorporate the special Pivot Point technology for midsoles, which makes them specifically effective for dance workouts like Zumba. The midsole and inner sole have a special Ortholite foam technology. It ensures that your feet are well protected and retain balance effectively on impact. Add to these the advantages of a breathable mesh for theupper build which keeps your feet dry always. Coming in an attractive blue shade with yellow highlights, the RYKA Exertion Shoe adds to your personal style statement as well.
- Lightweight and suitable for active fitness training routines, especially studio training.
- Ortholite technology to keep your feet safe from bone injuries.
- Pivot point technology on thesole.
- Mesh and textile materials ensure proper breathability for your feet, does not allow sweat to accumulate.
4. ASICS Women’s Rhythmic 2 Cross Training Shoe
The Rhythmic 2 is a cross-training shoe designed for extensive multitasking and different kinds of exercises. It is manufactured by the famous Japanese sportswear makers ASICS. It is a completely performance-driven product. Thiscross-training shoe is made of polyester material all over. It also has a soft rubber sole for added flexibility and protection as well.
The midsole has EVA foam for its complete length to ensure even softness and effective protection for your soles while you perform the extensive moves of Zumba. In addition, there are lateral as well as medial supportive wrapping for those stretching movements that exert your feet. The pivot point technology for the soles is specifically designed for high-energy fitness training regimes such as Zumba, so you can wear them to your classes easily. Going by the company’s name and motto, the ASICS Rhythmic 2 shoe really does aim to give you “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body”. To say the least, it excels in the task effectively!
- Lightweight at just 6.02 oz.; Does not weigh down your feet.
- EVA build for midsole and supportive foam material.
- Imported rubber sole for added flexibility and softness.
- Comes in attractive hot pink color with black highlights which is quite fashionable.
5. Capezio Women’s DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker
As the name Dansneaker® suggests, this shoe is built exclusively for all kinds of dance fitness training routines. The exclusive feature of this shoe is a flattened and square boxed toe section that can easily support even toe stands of specific dances. The upper portion of this shoe has Polyurethane and imitated suede material. This looks good and ensures a flexible and soft feel when wearing the shoe. It also includes strong SBR foam rubber and a mesh made of expandable Nylex that gives the shoes added stretch ability. You can wear the shoes for long workout sessions, without sweating or feeling uncomfortable. The inner footbed is made of contoured EVA foam that adds to the comfort. The inner sole is removable and replaceable as well. The outsole has no marking spots and augments your performance with flexibility points and spin spots on the toe section.
- The midsole foot arch is perforated and increases breathability.
- The tongue and collar are padded, as well as the Achilles’ notch just behind your ankle.
- Cotton laces that do not loosen once tied; ensure you do not face problems while working out.
- Comes in black, with pink highlights to suit your workout mood completely!
6. RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoe
Another innovative product from the house of RYKA. The RYKA Tenacity cross-training shoe is suited exclusively for high-energy dance workouts. It has a very specific, women-only build and is designed to suit the shape of a lady’s feet perfectly. It is a lace-up shoe exclusively made for dance workouts and high-impact fitness training like Zumba. The shaft, platform, and theheelis handmade to specific measurements to ensure light and precise movement and all-round protection at the same time. The inner sole incorporates a “precise-return” elasticity technology. It returns the shoe to its actual shape instantly and thus protects your foot. The padding in the tongue and collar sections keeps your ankle and upper feet in protective cushioning. This prevents injury even if you fall or misstep. The heel is reinforced with inbuilt IHG foam. it ensures your ankle and heel is well-protected at all times.
- IHG reinforcement in the heel to ensure better protection.
- Synthetic rubber sole with compact foam filling to ensure greater cushioning for the sole.
- Adjustable laces with the innovativeloop-and-hook lace-hole strip. It helps you find the perfect fit.
- Comes in an extensive 15 different color choices to suit the needs of all ages and fashion tastes.
7. Zumba Women’s Impact Max Dance Shoe
This one is made by the founders of Zumba themselves. It is exclusively for the ladies who aim to be a notch higher and perform better than their peers in the Zumba session. The shoe is suitable for high-stepping, stomping and other movements you make in the studio. It has to be the foremost choice for all Zumba enthusiasts. It has a flatter sole that extends surface area and consequently reduces the pressure on your feet on impact.
The special feature of this shoe is a trio of technologies, collectively named the Z-technology: Z-compress, Z-slide, and Z-brace. The Z-compress technology returns the sole of the shoe to its original form in negligible time after it has compressed to absorb impact. The Z-slide technology reduces surface friction and enables you to perform sliding movements easily on any surface that your studio provides. The Z-brace technology ensures that your foot is held properly and securely when you perform high-energy moves. A foam sole makes sure your feet are supported perfectly and you perform comfortably.
- Removable and replaceable inner sole that you can adjust according to your comfort.
- Synthetic rubber sole for custom stretch ability.
- Comes in three different color options to suit your choice. Looks fashionable as well!
8. Bloch Women’s Boost Dance Sneaker
The Bloch dance sneaker is one of the most adaptive shoes for high-energy dance workouts. It has a special split sole that allows extreme compression and flexibility. You can easily perform high-steps, stomps, and splits while wearing this shoe. All the while, this specially designed shoe will protect you from injuries or fatigue. It features a combined suede and mesh upper portion.
This allows for breathability and minimizes sweat accumulation, thus keeping your feet clean. The cushioned heel is made with DR technology for improved comfort and protection. The increased elevation also allows arch support. The midsole is lightweight and provides protective cushioning. The outer sole is four-layered and contains high-density synthetic rubber. The Bloch women’s dance sneaker is made to the specific shape of a woman’s foot, and is considerably wide at the front and tapered at the heel. The high-and-wide sole absorbs the impact of jumps and splits easily and you do not feel a thing on your soles!
- Variable lacing to allow the perfect fit and comfortable leg position.
- Pivot point on outer sole to help you balance yourself precisely duringjumps and splits.
- Offered in three different color combinations to suit your choice and taste.
9. Reebok Women’s Hayasu Training Shoe
Reebok is widely regarded as the largest producer of high-end and effective sportswear and accessories. The Reebok Hayasu training shoe is evidently one of their best products. It is designed specifically for cross-training and high-impact exercises. This sports shoe is very apt for dance workouts such as Zumba. It features a high-ankle, bootie build with cushioned sock-liner.
In this way, it ensures all-round protection for your entire foot. Ortholite technology assures lightweight and low-impact on the joints and toes while performing high-steps and jumps. The upper portion is constructed of mesh and synthetic textile combination to add breathability and ventilation for your feet. The Hayasu women’s cross-training shoe has a flat rubber sole with a foam-filled midsole. This feature provides even support for your entire foot. A pivot point on the bottom lets you bend and compress the shoe in any angle. Soft lateral support pieces on both sides keep your feet protected against impacts.
- Shaped specifically for women’s feet, with wide forefeet and narrow heel. Fits precisely.
- The width of theheel is 2 inches. Ensures your heel and ankle receive adequate protection.
- Comes in a stunning 17 different color choices to select from; meets the choice of fashionistas as well!
10. PUMA Women’s Anaida Lace Metallic Slip-On Dance Sneaker
The final entry on this list is the PUMA Anaida metallic slip-on dance sneakers. The Anaida incorporates all of PUMA’s innovative sports footwear technologies. It is designed specifically for high-energy dance exercise routines. The shoe is a slip-on kind, with elastic self-adjusting laces that eliminate the need to lace up every time. It also provides just the right fit that your feet need during movement.
A flat, integrated rubber sole ensures uniform protection. The shoes have a long life even with heavy usage. The upper section is made of combined mesh and synthetic material which provides adequate ventilation. It keeps your feet fresh by letting sweat evaporate easily. The padded collar and tongue sections provide protection to the upper feet. It also ensures that you can move your entire foot uniformly during a workout. The midsole and instep portions have EVA foam inside. This provides comfort and secure cushioning to your sole at all times.
- Lightweight and effectively protective for your feet at the same time.
- Slip-on feature effectively manages the hassle of lacing up every time.
- Outer sole is made of environment-friendly foam that reduces your carbon footprint.
- Mesh and textile combination for upper section secures and ventilates your feet.
- Peppy color combinations to suit the fashion requirements of all ages.
Where to buy zumba shoes?
Zumba shoes are available from many sources. You can buy one from shoe-stores in malls, specific brand stores or on online selling platforms. There is one advantage of buying on your own by physically checking out different products. It is that you get to feel and wear the product. You can go through the products on display and decide for yourself or consult experts. You can also ask for replacements on-spot if you feel that the product is defective or unsuitable for you. This is quite helpful. Most stores also provide a warranty with a time limit, against defects or if you need repairs. You can contact the store if need be.
However, standalone brand stores and combined footwear stores have limited stocks. They will provide you limited options to choose from. Unless you have a specific requirement and have already made an informed choice, the option of online shopping is always open. You can choose among thousands of products once you visit any of the popular online shopping sites.
There are also specific sites that deal only in all kinds of footwear or sports clothing and accessories. These are your best bets if you want to find the perfect product for yourself. Also, most of these sites have a system for you to return or get your products replaced. You will have no problems in finding the best shoes for yourself! You just need to follow the guidelines for completing the return or replacement.
Also, many online sites nowadays provide ample guidelines and reference yardsticks. Additionally, there is an exclusive guarantee of quality on their products. You can check the validity and choose whether to buy your shoes online. You have the option of buying only if you are satisfied with the product.
How are zumba shoes different?
Zumba itself is a whole different kind of physical exercise that combines core and strengthening workouts. You need to practice and perform simple dance steps to lively, high-energy music. It is imperative that you will need exclusive accessories for such an all-inclusive workout routine. Zumba shoes combine extreme flexibility and strengthened build quality. This is required to achieve practical usability and robustness together.
Zumba shoes differ from normal sports footwear in that they are primarily cross-training shoes. These are not just downscaled men’s sports shoes. These shoes have the specific build quality and are shaped to be highly flexible and equally protective at the same time. Providing all these advantages together in a single product results in considerable quality assurance.
The best Zumba shoes have proper molding and all-round protective cushioning. These are made from expandable and high-quality rubber, with proportionate foam parts for support. The list below also features some products which have innovative technologies and material that even provide better cushioning and flexibility. These are better and last longer than even the best shoes with foam support parts. Some Zumba shoes from the leading producers also have a specific build shape. This is incorporated to allow better all-around protection for your feet.
Zumba shoes need to be durable and also have the ability to withstand extensive bending and stretching. That fact has already been mentioned as one of the main prerequisites. To this end, many of the Zumba shoes have innovative elasticity-aggravating technologies that maintain shape and size of the shoes for a long time. The added strength cumulates into effectively extended durability and longer life of the footwear. This ensures that you receive better value for money.