SUP is the shortened form of stand-up paddle boarding. It is a kind of water-sport which has recently become famous. This sport was basically recognized in the ‘90s and has gained extreme popularity from 2000. Paddling or kayaking can be rightfully named as the quickest developing water sport. Like many other prominent recreational water sports, stand-up paddling also has its roots in Hawaii.
The main accessories for stand-up paddling include a kind of surfboard and a longoar. This rather unusual combination makes it a kind of conjunction of surfing and kayaking. Laird Hamilton, a famous American wave surfer is credited as the inventor of this sport in Hawaii.
Stand up paddling isn’t simply about surfing big waves. It can even be practiced in different sports environments like level water lakes. Numerous other sports like beach based paddling, white water rafting, and even wave surfing share origins with it. You can try the other water sports once you have gained enough confidence in stand up paddling. It goes without saying that you will need ample experience and practice before you try the other variants. So you will need to buy the right equipment that will help you enjoy while staying safe.
Table of Contents
- What is Inflatable sup?
- 10 Best Inflatable Sup List
- 1. Tower Paddle Boards iSUP Package
- 2. Red Paddle Co RIDE MSL
- 3. Supflex 10′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
- 4. iRocker Paddle Boards Inflatable 10-Feet Long
- 5. PEAK Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 6. Ten Toes 10′ Weekender Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Bundle
- 7. Xterra Black Inflatable 10′ Stand Up Paddle
- 8. Sportstuff 1030 Adventure Stand Up Paddleboard
- 9. Blue Wave Sports Stingray 10 ft. Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
- 10. HydroForce WaveEdge Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
- Inflatable Sup Buying Guide
What is Inflatable sup?
Inflatable SUPs have turned into the most popular water sports equipment. Sea side holiday spots all over the world provide access to this equipment. There are a few reasons for this:
Firstly, this variant of surfboarding is anything but difficult. Usually, it takes just a few training sessions on the ground rules and a few minutes in the water. After this, the learner can easily stand on the board and guide it easily. All he or she needs to do is to maintain body balance, the rest is done by the water! This simplicity and ease of learning have made stand up paddle boarding a popular water game for people.
The second reason is that a SUP surfboard can be used in all water bodies. You can carry them easily since they are very portable. You can use them in lakes, ponds, and rivers anywhere in the world. The presence of waves to propel the board is not essential. You need not bother about waves to ride this surfboard if you know the basics about rowing.
You can use your SUP surfboard in almost any water body you wish to. If you are up for the adventure, you can surf the untamed waves of the deep seas as well. Stagnant low tides or giant waves, you can take on anything that suits your interest. As your expertise grows, you can even try white-water rafting with a SUP surfboard!
Sports enthusiasts of all ages can ride a SUP surfboard. Youngsters, men and women of all ages can use them. Even entire families can go out for stand up paddle boarding together. It is clearly safer and more interesting than other types of surfboarding.What makes these things yet more interesting is that you can even bring your pet on board the kayaks! For example, if you have a dog, you can have him or her on board with you while you paddle the canoe.
Another reason for which SUP has stolen the limelight is that they are lightweight and portable. Although, they are huge and pretty bulky when inflated to the full size. To aid in portability, most manufacturer includes a finger grasp on the SUP holders. Their sizes can be adjusted to the convenience of the individual. Some makers also include provisions for attaching straps to the SUP holders. This allows you to carry it like a backpack.
10 Best Inflatable Sup List
In the list below, you will come across 10 best inflatable sups available for all levels of this sport. Each of them has their own advantage. You will need to refer to the list while deciding the best choice of a surfboard for yourself.
1. Tower Paddle Boards iSUP Package
The Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer 2 iSUP 10′ 4″ is an all-inclusive SUP set. It is meant for experienced sportsmen. It is relatively small, agile and easily maneuverable. There are quite a few parts, making it ready for use in water once fitted and inflated!
- New packaging includes front bungee, conveying handles on the nose and the tail. Additionally, there is a 3-piece fiberglass oar, balance, and air pump.
- Convenient and compact, it is easy to store and transport.
- Military-grade PVC material and drop-line development make it extremely durable.
- 2-years warranty from the makers covers everything including damage or wear and tear.
- Useful new parts such as additional handles make it easy to carry. The front bungee is amazingly useful. It makes carrying the board with you on your ride far easier.
- Easy to transport: the collapsible structure makes this board suitable for easy stockpiling and transportation.
- There is a hand pump included. It might make inflating the kayak somewhat irritating for people.
- The combined weight of the board is 25 lbs. While this is incredible because it gives a great degree of stability in water, it makes the board cumbersome. In case you are a light weight intending to purchase this board, you might face some trouble carrying it once inflated.
2. Red Paddle Co RIDE MSL
The 2017 Red Paddle Co 10’6″ Ride inflatable stand up paddle board is an improvement of the 2016 model. The 2017 model upgrades the portability and agility of the board. The rucksack style packaging and Titan Pump are advantageous additions as well! All this follows the tremendous development in overall quality, weight enhancements, and strength. The MSL Fusion drop fasten was the most prominent development of the 2016 model.
- The 2017 Red Paddle Co 10’6″ Ride is intended for the requirements of the experimenting paddling enthusiast. It can float effortlessly in calm waters while riding easily in the biggest and highest of surf waves! The foam linings inside the rucksack take care of the secure transportation of the oar and other parts.
- Enhanced MSL Fusion development with premium quality “hard-board-like” wrap up.
- The enhancedTitan inflation pump provides for quick and easy inflation.
- Smash Mount for additional equipment like GPS, camera or cell phone.
- Enhanced EVA deck cushion with jewel surface towards the tail for better stability and hold in water.
- Lightweight and easy to carry even for people with the lean and fit build.
- The Titan pump is somewhat cumbersome. However, this is more than compensated by the unmatched quality and features.
3. Supflex 10′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
The Supflex Fun is an inflatable stand up paddle board which comes as a whole integrated bundle. It is an exceptional product in the areas of quality and sturdiness. The set includes a high power inflating pump and carrying sack for the deflated surfing board oar.
- The Supflex surfboard is larger, faster and more stable. It is 10 feet in length and 6 inches thick.
- The additional length makes it significantly steadier than conventional 10-foot boards. It can thus carry greater weights and people with a stout build. Additionally, on the grounds that it’s a lengthier board, it has greater speed on the water. This feature makes it an extraordinary choice for cruising.
- The suggested weight restriction is 310 lbs.
- You might feel uncomfortable with the weight if you are an inexperienced surfer.
- The length also makes it somewhat difficult to handle.
4. iRocker Paddle Boards Inflatable 10-Feet Long
The iRocker inflatable paddling board is, in reality,one of the best. This board is exceptionally strong and durable since it is made of military grade material. You may use it on whichever water surface you want to play on. You can rest assured it will make things easy for you.
- This SUP board has a selective Sport Design. It measures 10′ Long x 30″ Wide x 6″ Thick.
- The weight of the board is 20 lbs. The advisable weight limit is up to 350lbs. Quick-shaping and rigid construction makes the board sturdy.
- The shape of the board minimizes the drag force and lets the board glide and cut through the water, as required.
- The board is not provided a repair kit. You might face problems in case there is a leak or other damage.
5. PEAK Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
There are various kinds of inflatable stand up paddle board packages available. ISLE has somehow managed to get an upper hand with this PEAK iSUP bundle. The board is innovatively designed and easy to use for all kinds of users.
- Selective sporty design.
- Inflated dimensions are 10′ by 6″ and the inflated weight is 23 lbs.
- It is extremely rigid as well as stable in shape. Suitable for all water conditions.
- The set includes carrying a backpack, high-pressure Pump, and a coiled tether.
- It is extremely durable, having been made with military grade PVC plastic.
- Comes with a 30-day guarantee and one year warranty on the entire set.
- The all-around build quality is exceptional.
- It’s a quite broad and can accommodate larger persons.
- Adequate weight carrying capacity.
- Comes with a hand pump – this makes it quite an uphill task to inflate the board. If you’re not experienced, you can buy an electric pump to make things easy.
- The aluminum paddle is not quite strong. A good quality carbon fiber oar would suit a board like the PEAK far better.
6. Ten Toes 10′ Weekender Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Bundle
The Ten Toes SUP board is one of those extremely flexible and well-built boards that makes surfing a pleasure. Fit enough for a tall and strong person, this board is also easy to maneuver on water.
- This is a very stable inflatable stand-up paddle board for individuals of all expertise levels. Even beginners can go out for paddling or kayaking with this paddling board.
- It is 10 feet long and has the standard width for all users. The oar is made of strong material that does not break or disfigure.
- This is super steady and simple to use for beginner level surfers.
- It has a strong inflated shape.
- Great value for money because of competitive pricing.
- Extraordinary shape and size. Can be had in one of 5 distinctive hues.
- The pump should have been an electrical one; a mechanical pump would be better.
- Knapsack and Leash are excluded from the packaged bundle. You have to buy these separately.
7. Xterra Black Inflatable 10′ Stand Up Paddle
XTERRA Boards are probably a step ahead in the market because of their exceptional build quality and stability. One look at this attractive board will be enough to assure you about the product.
- Large sized paddle board at 10′ x 30″ x 5.5″. It is ideal for people who are 225 pounds or lighter.
- The inflatable board, high-pressure pump, an adjustable paddle, and carrying backpack are included in the package.
- Military-grade board and stitch Material. Extremely strong and sturdy.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and warranty against defects from the makers.
- The XTERRA 10′ inflatable paddling board comes in various good-looking colors.
- They’re solid, well-fabricated, and will last long if maintained well.
- The backpack meant for carrying the board has rollers to help you move it easily.
- With the exception of the red/dark (6′ thick) 10′ inflatable SUP board, a coil leash is included, so you don’t need to buy one.
8. Sportstuff 1030 Adventure Stand Up Paddleboard
The Sportstuff 1030 Adventure paddling board is meant for paddling enthusiasts with an extra impetus to enjoy the sport. It has additional accessories to make even long distance paddling and wave surfing an easy task for you.
- Extensive slide-lock EVA cushioned seat for added comfort.
- The set includes a stainless steel paddle with the tow rings, removable seat, and a high-pressure hand pump, weight gauge, valve torque mechanism, adjustable blade, and leash.
- The measurements of this paddle board are 10’6″ x 30″ x 4″. It is quite large and lets you sit and paddle easily.
- Highest weight limit is a considerable 250 lbs.
- The Sportstuff 1030 Adventure paddling board arrives in an all-inclusive package.
- Colour variants which suit the adventurer’s mindset.
- The included oar is made of carbon fiber. It can float on water, so you will not lose it.
- The only complaint about this inflatable SUP board is that it is just 4″ inch thick. Standard boards are 6’ thick, which makes them capable of carrying greater weight.
9. Blue Wave Sports Stingray 10 ft. Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
This is a multi-layered drop sewed paddling board. The center of gravity is maintained rigidly, so the maximum weight limit is high. Add to that the two-layered external skin, which augments its solid structure considerably.
- Measures 10-ft L x 30-in W x 4-in when inflated. The maximum weight limit is 220 pounds.
- Multi-layer drop sewed high weight center is rigid and solid.
- Double layered external skin for increased structural strength.
- Double activity high-pressure hand pump.
- High weight tolerance screw valve torque included.
- Multi-purpose paddle with 3 uses. You can have a 50-in long 2-piece kayak paddle, 89.5-in long kayak paddle, or 71-in long SUP paddle.
- The Stingray SUP has essentially all that you need to begin paddle boarding. It is helpful for beginners and less irritating for experienced clients.
- The board is exceptionally extremely portable in the carrying sack with dual handles and reinforcement straps.
- The Blue Wave Sports Stingray 10 ft. Inflatable Stand up Paddle board comes with a mechanical hand operated air pump. You might face difficulty doing the hard task of inflating the board.
10. HydroForce WaveEdge Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
The Hydro-Force WaveEdge is one of the least expensive inflatable paddling boards available. This product is well suited for beginners who are yet to get accustomed to the techniques. At a compact 10’2” long and 4” thick, this surfing board can be managed by you easily in all types of water bodies.
- Two visible side balanced blades and one removable central blade for easy maneuvering.
- Drop line stitched material gives unmatched quality and sturdiness. It also increases durability.
- Slip-resistant footing cushions which also adds to your comfort.
- Measurements: 122″ x 27″ x 4″. Compact and easy to store and carry. Ideal for trips.
- Accompanied by a full set of peripherals such as inflating pump, aluminum paddles, weight gauge and carrying a backpack.
- It arrives in a full-set package that includes all necessary peripherals.
- It performs reasonably well for a budget friendly SUP surfing board.
- This board is only 4 inches thick which makes it prone to giving way under loads exceeding capacity.
- It’s not sufficiently wide (27 inches) for a stout person.
- The oar that accompanies board is somewhat cheap quality and not exactly proportional to size.
Inflatable Sup Buying Guide
If you want to enjoy this extremely promising water sport, you will need the correct SUP equipment. This will help you experience the sport as well as stay safe from dangers. Given below is a brief guide to choosing the right sports equipment for yourself.
There are practically two ways of buying SUP surfboards in recent times. The first is purchasing from a reputed sports store. This option is better for people who want to touch, lift and thoroughly check the board before buying. They can also converse with an in-store expert if need be.
Also Read – Best Soft Cooler Reviews and Buying Guide 2017
However, with the development of online purchasing, the easy accessibility to international items has increased manifold. Purchasing SUP surfboards online is now an easy way for water sports enthusiasts.
The first thing to consider before you begin browsing available choices in paddleboards is what you will be using it for. Whether you want to try paddle surfing or simple rowing in a lake, is entirely your choice. You might even want to participate in kayaking races for that matter! The reason you need this checklist is the numerous varieties and choices of paddleboardsavailable. Each one serves adifferent purpose and each has its own specialty.
The second thing you need to remember is your own build. If someone is lean and fit, he or she won’t require a board that is too large. Someone with a stout build will need a bigger one. It is essential to ensure that the board is sufficient to accommodate you. It surely wouldn’t be much fun getting stuck with your board during paddling or surfboarding!
SUP surfing boards are usually 28 to 33 inches wide. You can easily figure out, a larger board will give greater stability in water. Individuals who are new to stand up paddle boarding and need to get safely accustomed to paddling will require a bigger board. Experienced SUP sportsmen with greater expertise can go for lighter, narrower boards. Also, people interested in using their boards for paddle surfing or racing would need a smaller board. It will give them more speed and agility. These smaller boards can be controlled and navigated better.
These points will help you make a better choice when exploring and buying SUP paddleboards. Keep in mind that you will need to choose a strong and durable board. You will also need to ensure the board has proper safety mechanisms and is portable.